Charlotte Chapter Strategic Objectives and Programs
Please take a minute to review the strategic objectives for the Charlotte Area Chapter. Your feedback as members is always appreciated, and suggestions for new programs and how they align with the overall objectives are always welcome!
- Honor scientific accomplishments by:
- Sponsoring the Celebration of Undergraduate Research, an event that honors outstanding undergraduate researchers and their mentors.
- Encourage and enhance local appreciation and support of original investigation in science and technology by:
- Partnering with select professional organizations to sponsor scientific speakers for the community.
- Sponsoring science fairs for schools
- Foster, locally, a creative and dynamic interaction among science, technology, and society by:
- Identifying, integrating and communicating existing science opportunities (e.g. links to website to list science events, shows, facilities, etc.)
- Developing a science resource network to provide advice as needed to local officials, journalists, others.
- Linking Sigma Xi members with various corporate mentor programs for local schools to encourage children to explore science.
If you have any questions, or would like additional information, please feel free to contact Hilary Davidson at email@example.com, or 704/373-5738.