Grants-in-Aid of Research Online Application
Application Deadlines: March 15 and October 15 annually
Important Application Instructions
- View the Sample Application before starting a live application. Do not start an online application merely to view the details of the application process. Use the Sample Application for informational purposes before beginning an active online application.
- We recommend Internet Explorer as the best browser to submit, view and edit your application. Other browsers may cause the online form to perform erratically. Download the latest version of Internet Explorer before proceeding.
- To prevent form errors, do not leave the online application form open for an extended period of time. This is especially important on your first pass through the application.
- Save both pages of the online form during your initial submission session. The first page includes general applicant information. The second includes proposal information. We recommend that you input basic information on both pages then save and return later to edit the application with more detail.
- Letters of Recommendation are expected by the application deadline, but we do allow 3 additional business days to submit as a courtesy. Instructions are sent to reference writers by email when an application is created. Applicants should begin their application as soon as possible to allow references time to submit letters by the stated deadline.
- Applications are downloaded at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on the next business day after the deadlines noted above. If the submission deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications are accepted until 9:00 AM Eastern Time on the next business day.
- Tables, figures and images may not be uploaded through the online application. You may include one page of tables, figures or images by emailing a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information at the top of the page: Field of Research - Your Name - Grant ID Number. The emailed file should be a .rtf or .doc file and may be no more than one page in length with minimal text and file size of 2mb or smaller. The file will be attached to your application after it is downloaded and will be printed in black and white.
Funding Notification: March 15 applicants will be notified about funding by the end of May. October 15 applicants will be notified about funding by the end of December. Checks are mailed as soon as possible after the notification date.
Applications are accepted through the online form only.
Send for questions or additional information.