Becoming a Lecturer
The Distinguished Lectureship Program is designed to connect outstanding lecturers at the leading edge of science and engineering who can address issues at the intersection of science and society with Sigma Xi chapters across North America and abroad. Each year, the Committee on Lectureships nominates and selects a college of lecturers that will begin their two-year tenure on the first of July of the following year.
The committee will entertain nominations that are accompanied by the following information:
- Full Curriculum Vitae that includes speaking engagements
- Potential Topics for Lectureships that can be adapted to a variety of audiences
- Three Letters of Reference from individuals who have heard the nominee speak (preference given to references from Sigma Xi Members/Chapters)
- Contact information for at least Two References
Please make submissions in email to email@example.com.
Sponsoring a Lectureship
Sponsoring a Sigma Xi Distinguished Lectureship is an excellent way for an organization to reach thousands of career researchers and students across North America and abroad. Sponsoring Organizations select speakers for a one-year term. The cost of sponsorship is low, and the rewards are great for organizations interested in promoting science and engineering.
The following organizations currently sponsor a Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer:
For more details about sponsoring a lectureship, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- American Meteorological Society
- National Academies- Lecturer in Sustainable Economic Development
- National Academy of Engineering
- Society for Risk Analysis