Government Agencies and Resources
- Argonne National Laboratory
A U.S. Department of Energy laboratory hosting a range of research in areas from theoretical physics to environmental stewardship.
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
A U.S. Department of Energy laboratory for research in high energy physics.
- Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity
- The Jet Propulsion Labs in California
This is where most of the spacecraft are designed and controlled. Information about the Galileo space probe and many others, along with links to other exciting NASA space sites.
Space flight information. Information on the complete history of space exploration, shuttle missions, Apollo missions and much, much more.
- NASAs Earth Observing System Project Office
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- Naval Oceanographic Office
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)
A U.S. Department of Energy institute focusing on scientific initiatives to research health risks from occupational hazards, assess environmental cleanup, respond to radiation medical emergencies, support national security and emergency preparedness, and educate the next generation of scientists
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC) for Biogeochemical Dynamics
Access to biogeochemical dynamics data for terrestrial ecosystems.
- U.S. Geological Survey
A wealth of information on U.S. geology and water resources, a listing of state USGS representatives, and links to other earth science sites. Resources for topographical maps, photos, and satellite images.
Updated January, 2009