August 07, 2015
Scientists and engineers will gather in Kansas City, Missouri, October 22–25 for the highlight of Sigma Xi’s year: the Annual Meeting.
Chapter delegates make governance decisions for the Society and attend leadership development workshops; award winners speak about their important work; students, chapters, and professional researchers share their research; and new members are welcomed into the Society.
Register today! Reserve hotel rooms and submit research abstracts by September 15.
Students, Show Us Your Research!
High school, undergraduate, and graduate students are invited to present their research October 23–24 alongside professional researchers and Sigma Xi chapters in Sigma Xi’s Student Research Conference. The conference is held as part of the Annual Meeting.
Presentations are accepted in:
• Behavioral and social sciences
• Cell biology and biochemistry
• Ecology and evolutionary biology
• Environmental science
• Math and computer science
• Physics and astronomy
• Physiology and immunology
Presentations are evaluated by leading career scientists. Participants meet professional scientists and engineers from around the world, attend career development workshops, and network with graduate school recruiters and employers.
How to Participate
• Submit your research abstract by September 15 at https://www.sigmaxi.org/meetingsevents/student-research-conference.
• Prepare for your presentation by listening to students who participated in the conference last year. The interviews are available at www.sigmaxi.org/2014/irc.
• Get the latest updates by following @SigmaXiSociety and #SigmaXimtg
Photo: Lina Alaydi of Nova Southeastern University presented her research at the 2014 conference. (Image by Katie-Leigh Corder/Sigma Xi.)